Warning: Declaration of C_DataMapper_Driver_Base::define($object_name, $context = false) should be compatible with C_Component::define($context = false) in /var/www/idc2014.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/datamapper/class.datamapper_driver_base.php on line 0
We invite researchers working in the field of Interaction Design and Children to submit outline bids for hosting and chairing IDC 2015 / 16 and 17. If you are interested, please send your bid by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com.
The bid will be reviewed by the IDC conference steering group, which includes past chairs of previous versions of this event. There is no fixed format for your bid, but please address the following points:
• Clearly identify how you and the team who will manage IDC have been involved in past IDC events
• Explain and clarify the relevant track record at the host institution mentioning workshops and conference that the hosts have organized
• Specify the location where the conference will be held (explain the rooms and facilities) and describe how accessible the venue is including rail and airline links and proximity of hub airports.
• Highlight the benefits of hosting IDC at your proposed venue and location for the IDC community as a whole.
• Explain how you intend that your proposal will reach out to new attendees – maybe industrial, maybe from another academic discipline and explain the unique aspects of the bid that will facilitate this outreach.
Bids that are successful at the initial stage will require further development where we will seek to have some details of a proposed programme committee and an outline of the budget. DO NOT include this in stage 1.
First stage bids must be received by the 20th December 2013. Bids being taken forward to stage two will be notified by January 20th 2014 with stage two applications for 2015 being due by February 20th 2014.
Note that the decision to award venues for all three of the years outlined above is dependent on there being the right mix of, and the right quality of, bids by the due date(s). The committee will reserve the right to not award all the venues at this time and awards for 2016 and 2017 will be deemed provisional.