Warning: Declaration of C_DataMapper_Driver_Base::define($object_name, $context = false) should be compatible with C_Component::define($context = false) in /var/www/idc2014.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/datamapper/class.datamapper_driver_base.php on line 0
5 good reasons to join the IDC14 student volunteer team
• Insights into the latest research in the area of interaction design and children
• You get conference fee, four nights of accommodation and meals during conference
• Networking with IDC14 participants
• Visit at LEGO in Billund
• Socializing with the other student volunteers in lovely Aarhus at summer time
Whether this is your first time at the conference or you are an IDC alumni you are welcome to
apply. Volunteers are needed to help with set-up/break-down, registration/ticketing, photography
etc., and will be expected to work around 15-20 hours in exchange for comped registration, meals
and discounted housing (foreigners, not locals). There will be 1-2 conference calls to debrief all
volunteers before the conference and volunteers are in addition to the 15-20 hours work expected
to give a helping hand when needed during the conference days.
APPLICATION TERMS :
Please, submit an application – max 1 page (+ 1 page CV) including:
• Name, contact information, affiliation, nationality, country of residence, educational background, current position etc.
• Mention your size for the SV T-shirt
• Motivation for your interest in the IDC community (200 words)
• Your skills according to the listed assignments below (200 words) – how can you contribute to make the conference even more successful?
Please apply before May 1st! Send it to: email@example.com
• Registration + workshop
• Shifts in the registration/reception
• Assisting and participating in a workshop
• Help guiding people to/from lunch and to/from poster session
• Help cleaning up after coffee breaks
• AV and technique
• Ensure that all AV and technique are working in the auditorium together with an AV expert from the university
• Holding microphones during paper sessions
• Checking PPT from speakers
• Continually cleaning up auditorium and speaker chair after every talk, and prepare for next speaker
• Social media
• Manage IDC’s Storify, Twitter and Facebook accounts
• Prepare a content plan for all platforms
• Be online and providing content on all platforms during the conference
• Documentation of the conference. Pictures and mood videos
• Continually editing material for content to social media
• Pre-conference (local student volunteers)
• Printing + hanging up signs for guiding etc.
• Packing conference bags + workshop kits.
• Help with poster walls.
• Prepare registration desks + prepare physical facilities
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact the student volunteer coordinators on